More and more people are now starting to realize that Cannabidiol is a medical breakthrough. Its immense health benefits have aided seriously ill patients, and research is still underway to discover more of its medicinal properties.
Cannabidiol Oils are seen as an excellent elixir for many serious illnesses. It could even help people stay in their best health. It is crucial, though, that Cannabidiol Oil is extracted appropriately so that it retains all the active components that make it an excellent plant-based medication.
Ways to Extract Cannabidiol Oil
There are several ways to extract Cannabidiol Oil. Each has its advantage and corresponding drawbacks.
1. CO2 or Supercritical Fluid Extraction. This is considered as the best way to obtain CBD Oil because it retains most of the healing properties of CBD. It is also the method that best filters out contaminants in the plant source. During the extraction process, Cannabidiol is subjected to extreme temperatures to obtain Cannabidiol at its purest form. CO2 extraction is also the method of choice for distilling essential oils. The downside to using this method is the cost of the machinery. CO2 extraction equipment can be the most expensive machinery for oil extraction.
2. Steam Distillation. Steam distillation is another method of extracting Cannabidiol oil from the hemp plant. By using a steam distillation process, oil separates from the hemp plant components. The vapor generated from heating the plant is then condensed. The condensed vapors will then be processed to remove the Cannabidiol Oil from the water. And while steam distillation is also an excellent way to extract CBD Oil, it is seen as an inefficient extraction method. The steam distillation would need more significant amounts of the product to distill and produce oil efficiently. Besides, there is a possibility that uncontrolled amounts of heat could damage the healing components of Cannabidiol.
3. Solvent or Hydrocarbon Extraction. Extracting CBD oil using solvent is a cost-effective way of producing Cannabidiol Oil. For one, the machinery is not as expensive as Carbon Dioxide Extraction. At the same time, it is not like steam distillation that requires a considerable amount of raw material to extract Cannabidiol. The significant downside of this CBD oil production method, though, is the possible contamination of the products depending on the choice of solvent. Moreover, it also presents a lower concentration of Cannabidiol compared to Carbon Dioxide Extraction.
The choice of solvent can significantly impact the safety and quality of CBD Oil. For instance, a solvent that uses Butane and Propane can contaminate the Cannabidiol Oil Extract and raise the cancer risk of the end-user. To reduce the health risk associated with hydrocarbon or solvent extraction, natural solvents should be utilized. Some examples of natural solvents include ethanol or olive oil. The only drawback to using natural solvents is the end flavor of Cannabidiol Oil. Olive oil or ethanol may also extract the chlorophyll found in Cannabidiol, producing an aftertaste that could be bitter. The bitter aftertaste may not be ideal for tinctures that are consumed sublingually, as well as for CBD-infused food items. The solvent extracted CBD can be okay with tablets or pills.
Different consumption methods for Cannabidiol
Cannabidiol can be consumed in various ways. Each method is ideal for a specific ailment that CBD Oil can cure. The crucial part is that the authenticity and purity of the CBD Oil base are assured before p0urchasing any of these by-products. Here are some of the different ways to CBD Oil can be consumed:
1. Cannabidiol Tablets and Capsules – Oral ingestion through CBD Oil Pills is one of the most common ways to consume CBD oil. It also masks the possible earthy taste of Cannabidiol, hence it is a preferred method of consumption of long-time users. Its potency release is just like any other pharmaceutical drug. It breaks down and takes effect in 15 to 20 minutes after swallowing. The advantage of consuming CBD oil through tablet form is the assured correct dosage of CBD Oil each time. Also, it is convenient to carry around in case of trips, vacations, and everyday work.
2. CBD Oil Tinctures – Tinctures could be the fastest way to obtain relief from Cannabidiol. Placing drops of cannabidiol tincture in the mouth for at least a minute before swallowing, allows CBD to hit the bloodstream and take effect rapidly. The CBD Tincture immediately gets absorbed by the vein at the back of the tongue and enters the bloodstream quickly. The effect can be felt in as little as five minutes. The drawback of this method, though, is the possible aftertaste. If the CBD Oil is not distilled using a CO2 extraction method, then the bitter-earthy flavor can be tasted.
3. CBD Vaping Concentrate – Cannabidiol can be inhaled using a vaping pen and a CBD Oil based vaping liquid concentrate. Inhaling this can send fast relief to the body as it crosses the bloodstream immediately too. Inhalation is best for anxiety and depression issues, as well as Migraine Relief.
4. CBD-Infused Edibles – There are hundreds of different types of CBD-Infused food items in the market today. Edibles mask the bitter taste of Cannabidiol and also makes cannabidiol fun to consume. The only downside is the speed of relief. Like tablets and pills, edibles take at least 15 to 20 minutes to breakdown and metabolize.
5. CBD Topical Products. Cannabidiol can help cure dermatological illnesses like Psoriasis, Eczema, Atopic Dermatitis, and more. It also removes some signs of aging and helps minimize and prevent them too. Products usually come in the form of lotions, cremes, moisturizers, oils, balms, salves, and even make-up.
CBD Oil is indeed an excellent plant-based supplement. And as more and more research is done on its medicinal benefits, more people stand to benefit from its healing properties.